FAQ's or Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Is there bingo this week?

“Little bingo” is played on Thursdays. Doors open at 1 p.m. Games run until about 3:30. There is a “big bingo” on the third Saturday of every month except December. Doors open at 10 a.m. and games start at 12 noon. Free coffee for players. Bingo may be canceled due to lack of a caller or occasional repairs in the auditorium. This rarely happens.

How do I join the Center?

There is no membership fee. The activities at the Center are open to everyone. Services such as legal consultations and home repair are limited to Amador residents over 55 years old. Special workshops and classes sometimes require pre-registration if space is limited. A monthly newsletter is available for $12 a year and is mailed via first class USPS. Subscriptions start in January.

Can I rent the Center for my meeting (or event)?

The Center is available for rent to the public. Between the hours of 8:30 and 4, activities for seniors (over 55) have priority. Rental fees vary with the size and length of the event. Contact the Assistant Director at 223-0452 for information about room availability and fees.

How do I get an appointment for legal services?

Contact Eileen, the Assistant Director, to schedule an appointment for legal services. This service is only available to Amador County residents who are 60 years or older. It is provided by local attorneys who give a half-hour consultation. You may use this service once a year.

Where can I find a caregiver for my elderly parent?

Caregiver services are managed by the Amador Senior Center. If you are looking for a caregiver or support services for an elderly parent or spouse, contact the Amador Senior Center and ask for Ruthella Turner at 209-223-0442. She will refer you to the appropriate resources. 

When can I get the free tax preparation service?

This service is provided in February, March and until April 15th. You can make an appointment starting in late January. You must have all your tax documents and you must also bring a picture ID and last year’s tax filing forms. Call 223-0452 if you have questions.